Ir para o conteúdo
Mundo Revisado por ULTRA AI

State-backed Israeli settler violence forces West Bank displacement: HRW

HRW calls for sanctions and suspension of military aid as dozens of Palestinian communities are at risk of erasure.

3 min de leitura
Esta matéria parece estar em outro idioma Clique para traduzir automaticamente para português do Brasil.
Mundo — imagem padrão

News | Al Jazeera Skip linksSkip to Contentplay Live Sign upShow navigation menuNavigation menuNewsShow more news sectionsAfrica.

Increased settler attacks, along with the rapid expansion of Israeli settlements illegal under international law, are driving a wave of forced displacement of Palestinians, the US-based rights group said in a report released on Thursday.

list 1 of 3Israeli settler children attack ambulance in occupied West Bank.

list 2 of 3Palestine weekly: Global outcry fails to break West Bank siege.

list 3 of 3Palestinians, UK condemn Israel’s ‘destructive’ E1 settlement plan.

The report accuses Israeli authorities of arming, funding and granting impunity to settlers to carry out the attacks.

Israeli settler violence has been growing since the current government took office in December 2022.

But attacks spiked in the first two months of the US and Israel’s war on Iran, with killings including those of children, assaults, sexual violence, physical and mental abuse, arbitrary detention, arson, property demolition and theft among the reported abuses, the report adds.

HRW investigated settler attacks in seven Palestinian West Bank communities in April and May, including Al-Mughayyir, Mikhmas and Taybeh, in Ramallah governorate; Jalud and Qaryut, in Nablus governorate; and Khirbet Hamsa and Muarrajat East, in the Jordan Valley.

The report found that, sometimes, armed settlers acted alongside Israeli military units or with soldiers standing by yet failing to intervene, during raids on Palestinian residents and property, contributing to a pattern of forced displacement.

It said the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) research found more Palestinians were forcibly displaced by settler attacks, demolitions and evictions in the first four months of this year than in the whole of 2025.

OCHA found that 107 communities, comprising 5,900 Palestinians, had been completely or partially displaced as a result of settler violence since January 2023. It also found that the Israeli military expelled another 32,000 Palestinians from their homes in the occupied West Bank since January 2025, essentially emptying the Jenin, Tulkarem and Nur Shams camps.

Human Rights Watch says the attacks and lack of state protection have created a coercive environment that leaves many Palestinians saying they have no choice but to leave their homes.

The report recommended targeted sanctions on those implicated in ongoing abuses, the suspension of weapons transfers to Israel and a trade ban with illegal settlements, and urged countries to consider suspending preferential trade agreements with Israel.

Fontes

Informação baseada em material público de Al Jazeera, reescrito pela redação ULTRA NOTÍCIAS.

Fontes consultadas

  • Al Jazeeralink

Leia também

Mais em Mundo